Verifică-ți viteza internetului
Guests are looking for places to stay that are not only comfortable, but connected too. By testing the wifi speed in your space and adding the speed results to your listing page, you can help guests decide whether your place suits their needs.
The internet speed test measures your connection’s download speed—that’s how fast information can transfer to you. It affects things like watching videos, transferring large files, and even how fast a web page loads.
Testing your wifi using your Airbnb app
To run the speed test, you’ll need to be at your place using the Android or iOS app, and your device will need to be connected to the wifi network in your listing details.
- In the Airbnb app, Tap Profile and then tap Switch to hosting
- Tap Listings and tap the listing you want
- Under About the listing go to Amenities
- Go to Wifi and tap Add details
- Tap Test wifi speed (you'll need to allow location access if it's not already approved)
- Tap Start test
- After the results are displayed, tap Save for wifi speed to appear on your listing page
- If your wifi speed is 50 Mbps or above, your listing will be highlighted as having fast wifi
This feature is only available on iOS and Android today, and isn’t available in some countries and regions.
Adding your wifi details
When you provide info about your wifi connection on your listing page, you want to make sure your guests have the exact details they need in order to get connected. This means:
- Entering the wifi details of your listing exactly as they appear when connected to a device
- Including case sensitive letters (capitalization) as well as spaces, dashes, punctuation, or any special characters
You can only add one wifi network name to the Amenities section of your listing. If you have more, you can add those under House rules.
How the test measures your wifi speed
M-Lab’s speed test measures your internet connection’s download speed—that’s how fast information can transfer to you. It affects things like watching videos, transferring large files, and even how fast a web page loads.
Your test results depend on a number of factors, including:
- The specific network or equipment setup at your listing
- Network conditions (like available bandwidth and other activity happening on your network)
- Where testing servers are located
Learn more from M-Lab.
When using the speed test, you’re responsible as a Host for making sure the wifi speed shown on your listing page is accurate, available throughout the listing, and representative of what guests can expect when they stay at your place.
Understanding your wifi speed test result
What it means for your guests
1 - 6 Mbps
7 - 24 Mbps
25 - 49 Mbps