Cum pot interacționa cu cabalinele în cadrul unei experiențe Airbnb?
For Airbnb Experiences and Adventures that include animals, Airbnb has partnered with World Animal Protection to provide guidelines and articles that seek to promote the safety of wild animals in the wild and in captivity, as well as domesticated animals under human care.
Many cultures rely on working equines (like horses or donkeys) to get from one place to another, but it’s important to watch for animals who may be suffering. They should never be used for entertainment, including sporting events like horse racing, polo, or rodeos, or used for carriage rides in congested cities. While nature is best observed on foot, if you do ride horses or donkeys on an Airbnb Experience, be aware of signs of malnourishment and mistreatment.
When interacting with domestic animals, the “Five Freedoms” should be followed. They are:
- Freedom from hunger or thirst with access to fresh water and an appropriate diet to maintain full health
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area
- Freedom from pain, injury, or disease by treating animals respectfully and providing prompt access to veterinary care
- Freedom to express normal behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities, and allowing for company of the animal’s own kind
- Freedom from fear and distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering
If you witness or participate in activities with working equines, consider the following:
- Working equines must be treated with consideration and given adequate shelter, exercise, veterinary care (including hoof care), and food and water appropriate to their physiological and behavioral needs. Horses and donkeys should not work more than 6 hours a day, and should have at least 2 non-working days each week.
- A horse or donkey should not carry more than 20 percent of their body weight, with a maximum of 50 kg (110 pounds) for small donkeys and 100kg (220 pounds) for larger mature donkeys. Animals should never be ridden if they are pregnant, sick, or have open wounds and sores. Mares should not be worked for at least 3 months after giving birth.
- Animals should not be worked in extreme weather conditions, including excessive heat or freezing temperatures, and should be alert to their surroundings. All working animals should have food and water readily accessible as well as adequate time to rest.
Read the full Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Conduct that violates our guidelines
If you come across an experience that violates the Animal Welfare Guidelines, threatens the safety of our hosts or guests, or risks the welfare and/or conservation of animals, or if you witness an animal suffering while taking an Airbnb Experience or Adventure, please contact us. If applicable, make a note of the date, time and location, as well as the type of animals involved in the experience.
If we are made aware that an experience and/or host violates our platform policies, community standards, or terms of service, we take action including permanent removal from our community if warranted. We’re constantly reviewing and revising our platform policies and protections in order to make our community safer and higher quality.
Courtesy of World Animal Protection. ©2019 World Animal Protection. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The World Animal Protection name is used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. For more information about World Animal Protection, please visit worldanimalprotection.org.
- OaspeteCe trebuie să fac dacă doresc să particip la o experiență culinară Airbnb, iar eu sau partenerii mei de călătorie avem o alergie alimentară?Comunică-i întotdeauna gazdei din timp dacă ai o alergie alimentară pentru a discuta dacă sau cum poate fi modificat meniul în funcție de ac…
- OaspeteCum se pot pregăti oaspeții experiențelor și aventurilor Airbnb pentru activități fizice?Hidratare, îmbrăcăminte adecvată și planificare pentru situații de urgență: gândește-te la toate modurile în care te poți pregăti în mod cor…
- OaspeteExperiențe în aer liber: sugestii pentru oaspețiExperiențele în aer liber îți oferă oportunități rare, care pot necesita un nivel de pregătire dincolo de nivelul tău normal de zi cu zi. Su…